I love the sparkle of New Year’s – but if you’re anything like me, you stopped making New Year’s resolutions a long time ago. Well this year is no different – no hollow promises made here!Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for self-improvement and setting goals – I just don’t feel they need to follow calendar time.
I used to set the obligatory resolutions of losing weight, exercising more and improving my baking skills. However, I’d be lucky to make it half way through January before veering off plan.
Truth is, my resolutions were always things I thought I ‘should’ do, not actual goals that inspired me.
I figure, if I’m that passionate about something, why wait until 1 January to start working towards what I want to achieve?
So that’s why I set my goals in 2017. They don’t have a deadline and they’re goals that I’m actually excited about.
Follow these basic steps to help you achieve your goals:
- Be specific. Think of the who, what, when, why.
- Make sure they’re measurable. How will you know when you’ve accomplished them?
- Be realistic. Set goals that are actually achievable.
- Have a clear objective. Why do you want to achieve them?
- Have a plan and write it down!
Wishing you love, happiness and health in 2018!